Title: Field Service Engineer – Electrical
Job Type: Engineering / Service
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: Commensurate with Experience
Employee Type: Full Time
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing
Req’d Education: AS AS Electrical Engineering or related field (BS Preferred)
Req’d Experience: 3+ years
Req’d Travel: Domestic & International
Field Service Engineer for a manufacturing company specializing in vacuum and controlled atmosphere melting furnace serving the specialty metals industry.
Field Service Engineers conduct a broad range of inspection, engineering, and supervisory tasks in support of in-house test, installation, start-up, and service/repair of the full range of Consarc products.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of electrical machinery which may include AC/DC Motors, Servos, Variable Frequency Drives, PLC’s, transformers, and other power generating equipment. The position carries the responsibility to test systems before shipment, supervise equipment installations, start up equipment, analyze and carefully document any problems or discrepancies, communicate effectively to the Field Service Manager, Project Engineers, and other company personnel, and effectively resolve equipment issues.
- Review equipment orders and generate a Quality Test Plan
- Plan testing requirements and requisition materials required
- Monitor calibration and ensure that all measurement and test equipment used is properly calibrated
- Compile records of all tests performed
- Plan installation and start-up activities and review budgets
- Travel to installation locations to provide supervision of installation, debugging and start up activities
- Provide customer training in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Fully document any field changes or corrections
- Create and/or edit Operations & Maintenance manuals
- Perform acceptance tests at the customer site and seek customer acceptance and sign off.
- The ability to work effectively at a customer site with minimal supervision.
- Produce and maintain detailed work records.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s (Siemens, Rockwell preferred)
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
An E-Verify Employer