Title: CNC Machinist
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: commensurate with experience Req’d Education: HS Diploma, Trade training a plus
Employee Type: Full Time Req’d Experience: 5+ years
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing Req’d Travel: Low
Set up and operate computer-controlled machines
The position requires the following:
- Must have strong G code programming skills to read, create, edit and store program files.
- Experience machining steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, brass and composites required.
- Tooling knowledge with respect to carbide and high speed steels.
- Ability to set up parts appropriate to machining operations.
- Interpret assembly drawings, detail drawings and specifications to machine parts.
- Familiarity with computer numerically controlled lathes and milling machines.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and work independently.
- Required to use measuring instruments, hold tolerances and generate surface finishes per prints.
- Possess knowledge of speeds and feeds, proper tool selection and machine strategies that avoid unnecessary machining.
- High School diploma or equivalent. 5 years of relevant training or experience.
- High school level math required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must possess machinist hand tools.
- Overhead crane and forklift operation required.
- Ability to operate manual machine tools will be considered advantageous.
- Travel and possible overnight stay at customer will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate numerically controlled machine to perform a series of progressive machining operations to close and exacting tolerances and finishes.
- Responsible for set up, program adjustments and program verification. Make corrections to part clamping, tooling, tool offsets, speeds and feeds when necessary.
- Work from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions defining tool arrangements, material, clamping methods, tool calibrations and console settings. Verify program operations such as boring, milling, drilling, facing, threading and occasional profiling and contouring.
- Responsible for checking own work. Inspecting parts require understanding of dimensional, and geometric tolerancing.
- Able to operate lifting devices for placement of heavy parts.
- Tasks require manual dexterity and lifting of 30 -50 pounds regularly.
- Must comply with all safety and regulatory procedures.
- Must be able to polish and deburr parts.
- Use of pneumatic, battery and electric powered hand tools required.
- Operators may run more than one unit simultaneously.
Condition of Employment:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Please complete the information below:Please select a valid form
Equal Opportunity Employer — Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
An E-Verify Employer