Full Job Description
Title: Principal Mechanical Engineer
Job Type: Engineering
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: Commensurate with Experience Req’d Education: B.S. Mechanical
Employee Type: Full Time Req’d Experience: 8+ years
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing Req’d Travel: < 20%
Principal Mechanical Engineer for a manufacturing company specializing in vacuum and controlled atmosphere melting furnaces serving the specialty metals industry.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer is responsible for participating in the research, design and development of mechanical designs for specialty melting furnaces. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of machine design including systems which may include vacuum, water cooling, hydraulics, and electromechanical drives. The candidate will be expected to manage projects with mechanical designers and produce engineering drawings and bills of material. The candidate will work with cross functional team members ensuring good engineering practices and designing for human factors.
- Machine design and project management
- Provide technical leadership in the realm of mechanical design
- Customer support and troubleshooting
- Work with Field Service Department on startup, troubleshooting and commissioning
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience
- Excellent understanding of Engineering Fundamentals
- Proficient in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated project management experience with cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical, organizational, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Modeling / Simulation with Ansys or other relevant software
- PE License
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $7,500.00 – $9,500.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Daily health assessments and temperature checks. Masks required for unvaccinated employees and visitors.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.