Title: Chief Metallurgist
Job Type: Metallurgist
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: commensurate with experience Req’d Education: BS Materials Science,Metallurgy
Employee Type: Full Time Req’d Experience: 5+ years
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing Req’d Travel: at least 25%
Chief Metallurgist for Manufacturing Company specializing in Melting Furnaces serving the Specialty Steel industry
The Chief Metallurgist will have a strategic overview of all processes the company supports with the aim of providing technical expertise both internally and externally. The successful candidate will have a practical knowledge of Vacuum Induction Melting, Vacuum Arc Remelting, Electroslag Remelting, Vacuum Precision Investment Casting, or preferably a combination of all processes. A practical knowledge of how materials are processed in the above equipment and are utilized is required.
The successful applicant will be expected to work with Senior Management to ensure that the company is at the forefront of new technologies and new areas where our products can be utilized. At least 25% travel, both internationally and domestically, can be expected.
- Interface with sales, engineering, field service, and customers domestically and internationally.
- Prepare melting practices for vacuum induction melting (VIM), vacuum arc remelting (VAR), electroslag remelting (ESR) including required raw materials and pre- and post-processing.
- Assist customers with process metallurgy root cause analyses and issue resolution.
- Train customers in VIM, VAR, and ESR process principals and operation of equipment.
- Maintain and improve technical manuals for VIM, VAR, and ESR operation including metallurgy, operating principles, process optimization, and maintenance.
- Understand, define, and negotiate metallurgical furnace acceptance criteria and assist in furnace acceptance testing and evaluation of results.
- Evaluate and advise management on industry trends in existing market segments, new market trends, and growth opportunities.
- Publish and present technical papers at industry conferences.
- B.S. in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or equivalent. M.S. or Ph.D. in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of industry experience with liquid metal refining. 10+ years of industry experience with vacuum induction melting (VIM), vacuum arc remelting (VAR), electroslag remelting (ESR), and vacuum precision investment casting (VPIC) preferred.
- Ability to operate VIM, VAR, and ESR equipment.
- Metallurgical knowledge of melting and heat treating processes for steels, stainless steels, nickel-base superalloys, titanium, and other reactive materials.
- Ability to work with U.S. Export Controlled products, processes, and information.
- Excellent technical, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, including management and execution of projects.
- Experience in research and development of metals and metals processing. Strong presentation and publication record preferred. Experience with solidification process modeling preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time both internationally and domestically.
Condition of Employment:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
SEND RESUME TO:
Equal Opportunity Employer — Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
An E-Verify Employer